Wednesday 26 November 2014

Part V: The road to recovery!





And the results are in....

My most important check up had finally arrived and there were a few questions on everyone's mind:  have I successfully gained weight? have I overcome my anemia? and was I finally on the road to recovery with my blood parasite? We had to wait half an hour for my blood sample to be ready and then the results were in........ 

I have successfully put on 0.50 kg since I was first rescued over 3 weeks ago, a very impressive and healthy gain! I have also completely overcome my anemia and my blood levels are finally looking normal! As expected, I am still fighting the blood parasite as full recovery requires 6 weeks worth of medication but I am definitely bouncing back and showing that parasite who is boss!

It is not only my health on the inside that is improving, my coat is becoming thicker, softer and shinier (I could give the Loreal hair models a run for their money!) and my skin is itching less so I don't bite my tail as much! All in all I am starting to look like a beautiful healthy pup! 






Mischievous Molly 

I have had lots more energy this week and I even barked (if you can call it that) for the first time when I was chasing a stick around the garden, I am finally getting more vocal! One day we decided to chill by the hotel pool after having a long walk. Jade and Cass thought I would probably be quite tired after running about and want to rest, but they couldn't have been more wrong! Jade was in the pool and I sat with Cass on the edge. The trouble was that Jade looked like she was having far too much fun without me so I decided to jump in the pool to join in! Apparently I wasn't meant to do that but I don't regret it as now I know how fun water can be!  

I also keep hiding under the bed to secretly chew the TV wires but like my attempts at stealing clothes and shoes, I always get caught! I have decided to stick to stealing socks for now as I have mastered the art of not getting caught so easily!



The next step 

Since finding out that I will be staying with Nienke at Lucky Dogs we have been visiting her more often so that I can get used to everyone. I am slowly gaining my confidence with the other dogs that I will be living with such as Pai and Munkey, but my favourite friend is Lucky! Lucky is Nienke's pet pug and she is very nice, I always want to say hello to her and I am even brave enough to try to play! I will be staying with Lucky Dogs for about 5 months so I can get ready to fly to the UK next April to finally meet my new family! I am very lucky to have found my forever home with Nicky and her family in England and I can't wait to meet them but there are other dogs here that aren't quite as lucky. My good friend Pai is still waiting for somebody to give her a forever home and she has been let down many times before. Pai is one of the sweetest dogs I have met and she really does deserve a happy ending. If anyone would like more information about this amazing dog please click here or contact 'Lucky Dogs'.
Lets help Pai find a new home!




If you are interested in Charley's story please visit my Facebook page at www.facebook.com/charleythestreetpup

"Care for Dogs" and "Lucky Dogs" both do amazing work for dogs across Thailand! Please visit their Facebook pages and see the great work they are doing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment